Wednesday, February 25, 2009

We Nailed It...OPI's Axxium Gel Lacquer




I can't keep polish on my fingernails. I'm good for about eight hours before the nail lacquer starts to peel off. Blame it on oily nail beds, frequent hand washing or bad karma, it just won't stay put.

Jenny Richer, OPI educator and Spa Scotta nail technician extraordinaire, recently broadened my horizons and polished my nails with OPI's Axxium Gel Lacquer. She gave me a basic manicure and then applied the base coat, colored gel lacquer and top coat, curing each layer under a UV light. This polish lasts up to two weeks.

Imagine the possibilities...for moms, business women, brides, on vacations or business trips. Fabulously shiny nails and no fussing for at least two weeks. Spa Scotta nailed it!

4 comments:

C said...

I'm doing this system on myself at home. I am completely happy with it and LOVE the results. My last set lasted 13 days before I was so anxious to re-apply, I went ahead, but it could have lasted longer. The nails are practically weightless and sort of flexible. No breaking, no chipping, love it!

Anonymous said...

I had OPI's Axxium Gel Lacquer done by a nail salon and loved it so much I wanted to try it at home. One concern is, how did your remove it from your nails when your reapplied it?

Anonymous said...

I have the same problem with nail polish staying on my natural nails. This weekend I got the gel manicuere at a salon in Dallas and I am in love with it!! I was able to wash my hair and my friends hair, wash dishes, take baths - all without a single chip, crack, or flake in my polish. Also, my natural nails are protected without that harsh acrylic crap. I'm wearing Brisbane Bronze right now and cant wait to try another color!

Sarah said...

Where did you go in Dallas to get your gel nails? I am looking for a good salon in dallas to go to. .