Thursday, August 13, 2009

Tubing the 'Natchee 2009



This year for our summer staff event, we went tubing on the Wenatchee River. I don't have all the photos yet because I had to use a disposable on the river and I'm too busy to go to Bartell's and get it developed (in other words, I haven't found someone to do it for me). We got off to a slightly rough start (s.o.p. with Spa Scotta). Judy got lost, Siobhan's battery died, Shanti forgot her aqua socks and I almost fell out of the shuttle van window. Despite these little setbacks, we had a blast. I want to know why everyone isn't tubing every single day of their life. That was the most relaxing day I have had in a long time, not to mention the company was excellent.

Last year, we celebrated the end of Summer with a picnic at Gas Works Park, an event that is affectionately referred to "Bum-a-palooza 2008". We were surrounded by a rag tag group of obviously drunk urban campers with overly hostile dogs. The guys were pretty friendly though.

My only complaint about this year's trip is the apparent love of porta potties by the businesses on Highway 2. Build a ladies room for the love of god. Not everyone has the constitution of steel needed to enter one of these cesspits of hell.

No comments: