Saturday, September 12, 2009

August in Review

Spa Scotta was in hyperdrive the entire month of August, hence the lack of blog posts.

So here's the month in review:
We started the month participating in a Comcast Event called "Cablepalooza". We had our makeup team doing party makeup for the guests as well as Jennifer and Michael Sturgeon creating henna art for party goers. I also scared a drag queen. Busy night.











Tamara and Riley got married. More pics here. That was a joyous wedding and Spa Scotta burned up the dance floor (in other words, a typical wedding for the crew.)








I went to Cash Flow Camp by Inspiring Champions. It was three days of inspiration and perspiration (numbers make me nervous). I highly recommend this seminar to any and all salon/spa owners. The information I learned has been life changing.



I'm in the pictures with Lauren Gartland ( Founder/President/CEO Inspiring Champions) and Jill Ruone (my business coach). Do I look a little frantic? I was.

Tamara and I went to Bio-Therapeutic to explore the newest in skin care technology. We had fantastic facials with Blanca Gutierrez, the spa manager of Bio-Therapeutic Skin Spa. She demonstrated the latest tools developed by Bio-Therapeutic. We came away with new ideas for our treatments.












Spa Scotta rocked the makeup at Product Runway. Raina was in charge of this event for Spa Scotta and she really hit it out of the ballpark. Our makeup team (Raina, Ali, Alex and Tamara) produced gorgeous runway makeup. Raina did the advanced prep work to keep us organized and the event was a huge success. I was so proud at the end of the evening, I could barely stand it. Tons of pictures here, thanks to Laura Totten of Totten Photography.










Jenny Anderson and I attended the Gene Juarez Academy Student Portfolio Show on August 31st, bringing our busy month to a close. I was impressed by the quality of the student's work and by their passion for continuing their education...my kind of people.





And that concludes August. I need a nap.































































































Jenny and I

No comments: